Thursday, February 5, 2009

Safety

It is amazing to me in our society today how much we have to worry about being sued. Whether it is copyrights, showing movies, student safety, or anything you might say that might be twisted around to make a case in court. It is a shame. Not only do we have to worry about protecting our students, but we need to concern ourselves with our protection. I thought the example John used about the Umbrella Insurance was interesting. I was just told I should purchase it for a teenage driver in our household, never did I think I would need it for me. I hope the it will change in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Adelynn. I can't believe how scary this is. I know people who have been thrilled when they could sue someone! It gives me the chills. In our own household, we had to install K9 Bluecoat for our PC--it's a free "net nanny" to keep certain websites from being accessible. I decided to put a password on my laptop so that my kids wouldn't have unrestricted access to the web there either. The thought of trying to be responsible for so many kids and all of their private information is very sobering.

    ReplyDelete